Monday, December 19, 2016

MHKDesigner Inspiration: Lorie Ames

Good Monday morning friends!  I can hardly believe we are in the final week before Christmas 2016...where has the month gone?  That isn't what you are here for, though, so lets just move onto the inspiration I have for you:

I was going through my stash of cards the other day and realized that I didn't have any sympathy cards made. Though it can be difficult to make sympathy cards I know I have to have some made up otherwise I won't send a card out when the time comes. I started with the Beginning & Endings set and went to work making the card.  Being that I've had a couple of losses in my life I know that, for me, the more simple and less words on a card the more likely I was to at least try and read it (I didn't read most of the sympathy cards I received when my late husband died until a couple of months after his service) and find out who it was from.  With that in mind I went super clean and simple layout with just a sympathy sentiment (that I recolored in PSE).  I did add some pearls just to break up the white space.  I also used very muted colors for my coloring so it will be easier to process upon receipt.  

I hope that my card gives you a bit of inspiration in this area.  I also want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!



2 comments:

  1. I love that card....so beautiful. I love the soft colors and the pearls. It all came together so perfectly :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card, Lorie! The CAS feel is so elegant--this is perfect! Thank you so much for all your hard work this year! I've loved every single one of your creations! Sending HUGS and best wishes for the New Year! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete