Monday, November 14, 2016

MHK Designer Inspiration | Katie Skiff

Hi crafty Friends!  It's Katie Skiff here today to share a fun card with you!! 

When I first saw the Wonderful Wreath set, I really wanted to make this card, but didn't get a chance too.

MHK October Challenge

For mine, I went with some heavy brown cardstock and I ran it through my Big Shot with my wood grain embossing folder.  A wood grain stamp would be great for this effect as well.    I decided I wanted more of an inlay look, so I used my rectangle dies to cut out the middle portions, and matted that on another piece of cardstock.
I hung the wreath with some twine and an enamel dot.  Then I created the door knob with some glitter paper (it was on my desk) and another dot.  Super cute!!
Be sure you grab this super cute set  - Wonderful Wreath - and use the fun wreath image!!
 MHKDesigns_WonderfulWreath_Set

While I didn't get all of the colors, I did use this image from our October Challenge to get inspiration from.  How perfect is this set for this challenge!  Check out our challenge details HERE.

October


Thanks for letting me share today!  Enjoy your Monday! 

2 comments:

  1. Katie, this is TOTALLY fabulous, friend! Such a clever design--and I adore the way the wreath POPS off that dark brown! Amazing texture and layering, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie this is fabulous, it looks like a real door with all your details!

    ReplyDelete