Monday, August 8, 2016

MHKDesigner Inspiration: Judy

Hello all!

It's Judy here
sharing my Inspiration Project for August!

I have a lot of time on my hands lately
so I've been experimenting with some new, to me, types of paper crafts.

This is a mixed media canvas I created using the 



I used quite a variety of items and mediums on this 7x14" canvas.
The 3 butterflies and sentiment were colored with pencils & fussy cut.
The canvas was painted, first, with 3 different glimmer mists.
I added texture with a stencil & texture paste.
I added wooded elements which were painted with metallic acrylic paint.
I framed the sentiment with a die cut,
which I also painted to match the wood pieces.
There are a few metal pieces at the top.
I added paper flowers and finished up m with some pearls.

Here are some close ups




I will definitely be doing more pieces like this!

I hope I have inspired you to try something new & to
check out all the sets available at the

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful stamp set! Your canvas is gorgeous, Judy! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, this project totally blows me away! I LOVE the gorgeous colors, the fabulous shine and texture, and all the pearly accents! Amazing artwork, my friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful piece of art - have never ried "mixed media" - but this deserves a place in your living room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful piece of art - have never ried "mixed media" - but this deserves a place in your living room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing mixed media work of art!

    ReplyDelete