Friday, August 26, 2016

MHK Designer Inspiration - NanaConnie

     Well, by now you've had a chance to see all the new releases for this month and to check out the latest challenge inspiration photo so today I want to give you another way to be inspired by another of the images in the "Thankful Thoughts" set.  This is the fabulous turkey and I did a plain Thank You card but it could just as well have been a masculine birthday or even a Thanksgiving card.


     I wanted to stick with fall neutrals but no matter what I did photographically, all the light browns turned orang-y.  Hmmm, don't know how to correct that so you'll have to trust me that they are more brown and less rust than they look here.

     I colored with polychromos pencils but used ProMarker on his wattle for a deeper color.  I fussy cut the turkey and mounted him on dimensional tape.  I used satin lace to make the bow and the ribbon is velveteen.  The corners are decorated with sequins and pearls.

     I hope we're going to see you playing along in the August/September challenge which runs through until September 20.  Here's a quick look at the inspiration photo for the challenge and you can find the challenge by clicking on the tab up above which says "Current Challenge."

  Be inspired by the flower or the colors or the combination of them.  Remember, if you use an MHK Designs image, then the theme is Anything Goes and you don't need to use the inspiration photo at all.  :-D


Thankful Thoughts Digital Stamp Set

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, even if it looks orange. I can see some browns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with this life like gobbler. Great coloring as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous card, NC! I LOVE the patterns you layered together--and your coloring rocks! That bow is perfect, too! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete