Friday, May 6, 2016

MHKDesigners Inspiration Post: Donna

 
Donna here with MHKDesigns and my monthly inspiration post.
 
 
 
I could not resist using last months releases Stitched Sunflowers   and the  Sunflower Sampler Pack again.  Sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers and I fell in love with this sunflower, the beautiful sayings with it and the paper pack.  After coloring my sunflower with Copics I covered it with Versamark ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I did this 3 times for depth and effect.  I had seen this paper fold numerous times and had wanted to give it a try.  It is easy peasy.

Tutorial:
1 )  Choose a two side paper or  make your own like I did  by gluing two of the papers from the Sunflower Sampler Pack together.
2) Measure  the right long side of your patterned paper and make a mark at the center.
3)  Cut a straight line 2" in from the center.
4)  Fold from the center of your cut line to the top right corner, smooth with a bone folder and put a dot of two side tape underneath to secure.
5) fold from the center of your cut line to the bottom right corner, smooth with a bone folder, put a dot of two sided tape underneath to secure.
6) Add your image over your cut line with pop dots or adhesive.

These items can be purchased at MHKDesigns Etsy shop.

Let me know if you try this, I would enjoy visiting your blog and seeing your art work!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Holy moly Donna this is a gem of a card.. Even though you used orange (primarally an autumn color) it looks so springy and alive.. awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO sweet, Donna! I adore the fabulous paper folding--and how you printed the papers to be like double sided papers! This is just beautiful! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete