Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Designer Inspiration - NanaConnie

     Today is my day to post some Designer Inspiration on the MHK Designs blog and I hope maybe this card will encourage you to see how much fun masculine vintage cards can be.   I love making masculine cards but combining that with vintage is wonderful.  This "Big Wheel" image from the "Wheely Like You" set was perfect for a card I'm giving to a lovely gent who recently got a promotion to upper level management.


     I used neutral shades of brown and beige CS for the die cut mats and the rectangles, heat embossed a strip with gold EP, dry embossed the card front, and used a few wheel and gear embellies to emphasize both the masculine and vintage elements of the card.  I added a few dark brown pearls.

     Although this set comes with some really great sentiments, I printed one of my own this time because I wanted it to be specific to the job promotion.  :-D

     Don't forget that MHK Designs has a new challenge that started last Saturday and there's plenty of time for you to play along.  Check out the challenge post by clicking the "Current Challenge" tab up above and then come play along with us.

     Have a wonderful day!


Wheely Like You Digital Stamp Set

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and combination of fabulous elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO fabulous, NC! I adore the monochrome brown and the awesome layering! Congrats to your friend, too! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete