Wednesday, March 30, 2016

MHKDesigns Inspiration: Shawna



Hello! Shawna here from TheGrandStampede. I would like to welcome you for those of you who came from my blog to see what the sneak peek was all about. This card a very modern twist on a very traditional element, the flower. However I'll let you decide, here is my inspiration card for today, enjoy.

The flowers were entered into a computer editing software; then by changing the flowers hue I could play with color. Each flower has its own color and a complimentary color for their square background.
MHKDesigns
MHKDesigns vintage images work so well with each other.
I invite you to check out her Etsy store and see for yourself
the versatility of stamp sets and variety of digital papers she has to offer.
I didn't want a traditional sentiment to distract from the design so
by die cutting the word 'hi' it makes a sentiment and a design element.
This is such a cool technique! You can see the sentiment but you may have to look awhile.
building up the die cut word adds interest and well... It is just cool!!


Thank you so much for stopping by at MHKDesigns. I hope you will be able to join us this month at MHKDesigns challenge blog. If you don't yet have MHKDesigns product, not to worry, no purchase necessary to enter. See you there!

All the best, 

Products used:
Blossoming Digital Stamp Set



7 comments:

  1. Fabulous manipulation of the images. Love how you gave them all their own little square and the idea of the large die sentiment really works so well and doesn't intrude on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawna, this is another RIDICULOUSLY COOL creation! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the creative way you highlighted this image--and the subtle dimension is amazing! Thank you for the thought and time you put into your creations! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so well and looks so fun! Fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SOOO cool! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. Beautiful card.
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow - awesome design and work with this beautiful set.

    ReplyDelete